22.05.11

Kabuki's Katy Perry ET Fawn make up recreation

So, this originally was made for BH cosmetics Celebrity contest:
http://www.bhcosmetics.com/Contest/


But I wanted to do this look for so long, because it was my favorite look of Katy Perry's video and I got very exited as I now got the chance to do it!
First, I found this really interesting article about Kabuki ( he's the main make-up artist for this video, I knew about him before, and I really fell in love with his work)
He tells how to recreate this Fawn
"Create the fawn-inspired spots on the forehead and cheek bones with a medium brown cream concealer, a dry consistency works the best," Kabuki explained. "Start with the larger shapes and work outward to the smaller ones. With a brown pencil, outline the shapes. Use a white pencil or liquid liner to continue the shapes under the outer eyebrow."


My technique was a bit diffrent.. I didn't use concealer, but gorgeous Urban decay pencils in Whiskey,Stash and Mildew, which all are just gorgeous. And to create white spots I used of course now a classic - NYX jumbo pencil in Milk.


Mildew


Whiskey


Stash


so here's the Katy Perry



and here's my creation:






2 komentāri:

  1. Just wanted you to know that I really love your work and I'm really looking forward to see how you make this blog grow little by little! You are going to be a hit cuz your make-ups are always clean and , nice and original. Keep up the good work. With love and support,
    Laura!!!
    XoxO

    P.S. Really happy to be the second follower, and to be here with you from the beginning!

    AtbildētDzēst